Thursday, September 18, 2008

In Like Sin

I like that cause it rhymes. And because it's true, sin is always in fashion.



I finally closed on the house, there was a little bit of drama where the close date had to be pushed back twice, but the company took care of me. A couple of interesting notes, I closed on the house on Mexican Independence Day, September 16th. A little more than fitting if you ask me. I moved in and spent my first night there on September 17th, which was the anniversary of my first night at the MTC. For me, growing up only happens in the fall...in September...on the 17th. It's been a wonderfully emotional process. I think I've run the full gamut. I sincerely hope that this is something that in fact brings me closer to my family, and I believe that it will. I think that time spent with others is most rewarding when it's a conscious choice. I'm really grateful for all the help and support of friends and family, not only yesterday moving in, but throughout the process. It's really quite humbling.
A couple of observations: I really like the lighting in this house. The kitchen is living up to my high expectations (visually at least). My neighbors seem really nice. Temporary paper blinds are actually kind of cool (don't worry I won't leave them up). My doors are pretty narrow, so I think all my furniture is going to have to be inflatable. Seriously, love the fam and the friends.
Anyone who doesn't use Hollie as their agent is insane, she is the best ever!

1 comment:

Matt said...

House Party!! Kid and Play Style! Oh, and I have a compressor if you need my help blowing up your couch, or your bed, or your table.